- The existence of quarks was first suggested by
Ans. Murray Gell-Mann
- Who first proposed the use of absolute scale of Temperature?
Ans. Lord Kelvin
- Who is said to be the founder of modern genetics?
Ans. Gregor Mendel
- Who designed the famous logo of Sun Microsystems, which can be read from all four directions?
Ans. Prof Vaughan Pratt
Ans. T. Addison
- Hormone that is responsible for lactation ( production of milk in mammary glands):
- The acid that is mixed with baking powder used for baking of breads and cakes.
Ans. Tartaric acid
- Important acid that is required for the manufacture of antibiotics and insecticide is:
Ans. Kojic acid
- Common name of Agaricus bisporus is
Ans. Button mushroom
- Phagocytosis is the process of
Ans. Cell eating
- Who is known as the “father of white revolution’?
Ans. V. Kurien
Ans. Valentina Tereshkova
- Whose book ‘Silent Spring’ is considered by many to have give birth to the modern environmentalist movement?
Ans. Rachel Carson
- Echo is the phenomenon of :
Ans. Reflection of sound
- Death of tissues of leaf is called
- The phenomenon of viscosity is due to the transport of
- The first servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope was carried out by which space shuttle?
- How long does it take for the Hubble Space Telescope to complete one orbit?
Ans. 97 minutes
- What is the common name of Acetic acid?
- What is the common name of Sodium bicarbonate?
Ans. Baking soda/baking powder