1. The wave theory of light was first proposed by
Ans. Christian Huygens
2. Who first proposed that light is a form of electromagnetic radiation?
Ans. James Clerk Maxwell
3. The first person to orbit the earth was_____________.
Ans. Yuri Gagarin
4. Who coined the term hormone?
Ans. William Bayliss and Ernest Starling
5. The word hormone means
Ans. To set in motion
6. What is the fear of Internet called?
7. Unripe apples and other fruits contain the acid called
Ans. Malic acid
8. Banana contains predominant organic acid not found in any citrus fruits.
Ans. Ascorbic acid
9. The cell types involved in immunity are
10. Who discovered penicillin?
Ans. Alexander Fleming
11. Which state is the leading producer of milk in India?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
12. Who is considered to be the world’s first computer programmer?
Ans. Augusta Ada King Lovelace
13. Which phenomenon did physicist Lise Meitner and her partner Otto Hahn discover?
Ans. Nuclear fission
14. Mercury forms an alloy with metals known as:
15. Name the hormone which is known as fruit ripening hormone.
16. The production of E. M. F. by a thermocouple when one of the junctions is heated keeping the other cold is known as:
Ans. Seebeck effect
17. What is the name given to meteors that reaches the earth?
18. In which region of the sun sunspots appear?
19. What is the common name of Ferrous sulphate crystals?
Ans. Green vitriol
20. What is the common name of Graphite?