Ayurveda is based on the balance among three basic factors; kafa, pitta and vata (Vayu).
When there is imbalance in vata, it results in rough and dry in some seasons. If vata is at bay, the skin looks fine.
- To slow down the vata accumulation in the body, stick to the vegetables and fruits that have higher percentage of water carrot, watermelon, cucumber, radish, tomato, fennel, etc.
- Add seeds and nuts in the diet to keep the skin young and radiant. Nuts and seeds contain omega- 3 fatty acids, fiber, good fats which prevent the imbalance of vata.
- Flaxseed or alsi is very rich in omega-3; which is an antioxidant. It helps in many ways.
- Herbal tea is a good option to slow down the vata dosh.
- Regular exercise makes the body fit. It helps our skin to sweat which tone up the skin naturally. So exercise at least 3 hours in a week to stay healthy and fit. It improves digestion, blood circulation, etc. Yoga and pranayam will be helpful.
- Drink plenty of water to provide adequate amount of liquid to the body. As you know water is universal solvent, so it helps to provide proper moisture to the body and specially our skin.
Additional to these, we can use the following natural things to have good skin.
1. Turmeric (Haldi)
Turmeric is used in every house in India as spice. Do you know why is it used in the kitchen? It has many valuable uses. It is antiseptic, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory skin lightening agent prevents blackheads, scars and other marks.
Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with gram flour using water or curd. Apply this paste on your face or skin, this will remove the scars and wipe out dead cells. If you want to see the impact of turmeric you can use the “VICCO Turmeric Cream” for your satisfaction. It is an Ayurvedic cream.
Lemon is a citrus fruit. It is very good for skin. It also removes dead cells and vitamin C present in it helps in the generation of new cells. Take 10 mL of lemon juice. Mix it with honey. Apply it on your skin. Wash with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. You can rub cucumber slice on your skin to make it soft.
Honey is very good for skin. Apply simply honey on the skin for 20 minutes. Wash with luke warm water. It moistens the skin and helps to keep skin healthy.
Likewise papaya, cucumber, yogurt, Multani mitti, walnut, aloe vera (ghrit kumari), etc., can be used to have smooth, young and radiant skin.